The current requirements for certifying a translation for official use in the UK can be seen below:
Certifying a translation
If you need to certify a translation of a document that’s not written in English or Welsh, ask the translation company to confirm in writing on the translation:
- that it’s a ‘true and accurate translation of the original document’
- the date of the translation
- the full name and contact details of the translator or a representative of the translation company
The Language Corner is a translation agency which specialises in certifying a translation for official use in the UK.
Ordering a certified translation for official use in the UK
Ordering a certified translation for official UK use is an easy process.
- Send a clear copy of your document to us by email;
- If you are happy with our quote, we will send an invoice;
- Once payment is received, your document is placed with one of our qualified translators;
- We only work with accredited translators for quality assurance reasons;
- When complete and checked, the draft is emailed to you for checking;
- Once approved by you, the translation is signed, dated and stamped;
- The “certificate of translation” includes confirmation that it is an accurate translation of the original document, the date, the signature of an authorised representative of the translation company and full company contact details.
- The finalised translation is returned to you electronically and/or by post.
Documents translated and certified
We translate and certify all official documents for organisations and private individuals, including:
- marriage certificates
- wedding certificates
- birth certificates
- academic transcripts
- degree certificates
- police clearance certificates / criminal records certificates
- divorce decrees
- driving licences
- car insurance
- health insurance
- death certificates
Translation and certification by a qualified translator
Our translations for the Home Office (visas and immigration) are also approved by the Passport Office, General Medical Council (GMC), General Dental Council (GDC), Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC), DVLA, UK universities and all other official UK organisations, because we only work with accredited and qualified translators who are registered with an official organisation in the UK.
Details of translation company’s credentials
Each page includes a translation company reference, full company details and contact information. In addition, our “Certificate of Translation” attests to the translator’s credentials.
Most languages into English are covered, including: Arabic, Bulgarian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Latvian, Lithuanian, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Urdu.